Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Thick and Chewy Pizza Dough

I make homemade pizza for our family about once a week or every other week. It is delish. Though I'd share my recipe. I've done BBQ chicken, sausage, pepperoni, tomato... it's all so so good!!

Thick and Chewy Pizza Dough

1 pkg dry yeast (1 T)
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 T sugar or honey
4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 T oil

Dissolve yeast and sugar (or honey) in water. Let stand for a few minutes. In another bowl miz 2 cups flour and salt. All oil to water/yeast mixture then pour into the flour and salt. Mix. Add the rest of the flour until a soft dough is formed. Place in a well oiled bowl. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes. Spread into a greased rectangular cookie sheet with sides. Bake at 375 degrees, after you top with sauce and toppings, for 25 minutes or until desired crispness.

** I've found that if I make it in the rectangular cookie sheet it lasts longer and makes great leftovers but you can use a round pizza sheet. Dough will be a bit thicker that way but if you want you can split the dough and save the other half for the next time you make pizza Just freeze it.


**When I'm mixing together just the 2 cups of flour (before adding the rest) I put italian seasonings, onion powder and chopped garlic in the dough. It makes the crust so flavorful when it's all done.

No comments: