Hey, girls,
I thought I would share my (Ammon's) recipe for homemade syrup. His family has made this since he can remember. It is a little thinner than store-bought syrup, and I like to keep it in the fridge instead of in the pantry.
Homemade Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. maple flavoring (by the vanilla extract in any supermarket)
Bring the water to a boil. Add the sugars. Boil until sugars dissolve. Turn off heat. Add maple flavoring.
Some bottles of maple flavoring have a recipe on the box. I have read that you can add vanilla extract also. It's good, but this is the simple recipe Ammon's family has been making forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Julie. I'm gonna try this when it runs out, but we don't go through syrup very fast in our house. About how long does it last?
Post a Comment