Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ziploc Omelet

I guess it is my turn to do a recipe, since I know Fred doesn't do any cooking, let alone KNOW how to cook. :) So, I'll just count myself as the next sibling in line. This is an awesome "recipe" idea.... Have fun and love you all. -Kirsten

Directions
1. Have everyone write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag.
2. Crack 2 eggs (large or extra large) into the bag (no more than 2) shake to combine them.
3. Put out a variety of ingredients such as cheese, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
4. Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their sealed bag. (Make sure to get out the air out of the bag and zip it up)
5. Place omelets into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.
NOTE: You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. Open bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Nice to serve with fresh fruit or coffee cake. You can even just make it for a small family. It is fun for little kids to get involved.

1 comment:

Mary Rubow said...

I tried this and I did not manage to get all the air out of the bags first. I emphasize the "Make sure to get out the air..." It was not a pretty picture.